Monday, February 23, 2015

Week 74: I have a new bad habit apparently...

2-23-15

Hola Familia y Amigos,
So this week has been so crazy!! ¡¡LOCURA!!
So first with the title... apparently I talk in my sleep.  Before it was every once in a while and you could understand me, but now they all here me every night and it is just jiberish.  haha well that is great!  I have no idea why I am talking.  But also my dreams have been pretty weird as well these past few weeks.  Well I guess my roomies will just have to suffer for a few more weeks.  I will try to pray to overcome it. 

Also this week we have come to the end of the main part of Summer.  It has been cold these last few days.  It was so weird. One day burning and the next I was freezing. And that leads to the next crazy thing of the week.  Because of the first freezing day my comp got sick because we didn´t take a sweater out with us that day because we didn´t think it would be cold.  Well we were wrong.  She got sick with the flu and was in bed for 2 days straight.  I nursed her back to health and the priesthood blessing probably helped a lot as well.  But we also got lucky and have amazing members here that stayed with her and some came and worked with me. One was a return missionary and was so excited to be like a real missionary again. Just me and her working.  And the other was a young adult and she has a sister on a mission and so it was cool for her to feel like a missionary like her sister.  It  was all in all a great experience.  But a very exhausting one as well!

Also on Thursday I think it was, we had like 4 big fires here in Concé. The sun was RED!!  Not orange but RED!! It was so crazy and I felt like I was suffocating a little bit, but the air has cleared up since then. 

Also funny story. The other day we visited a little old  lady in the ward and she said she was so tired because she had been cleaning all day and fixing up her garden. So we told her we were going to come on Saturday and help her clean.  She said great! Well we get there and EVERYTHING WAS ALREADY CLEAN!!  We were shocked and asked what we could do and she said.  "Just sit and rest because I woke up early to clean everything so you both wouldn´t have to.  You guys work so much, so just rest."  And I was like " Hermana we are missionaries, we don´t rest."  And after talking a little bit we finally got her to let us help clean  a little more in depth in  her garden.  They just love us so much here!!
 Yep I love being a missionary!!
Pray for Javier who is going to be baptized on Saturday!  I love you guys and keep looking up!  God wants to help you in EVERYTHING!!  Also I really hope there is at least one snow storm after I get home! I miss the snow so much!!
Love you all and have a great week!!
Con amor, 
Hermana Corbett



No comments:

Post a Comment